Business Owners Policy (BOP) in Lincoln, Smithfield, and all of Rhode Island
Safeguarding Rhode Island Businesses in a Streamlined, Affordable Manner
Business owners must address risk both when managing daily operations and planning for long-term profitability. With limited time and resources available, however, it’s often a challenge to confirm they are fully protected from financial loss.
A BOP is a very comprehensive and cost efficient insurance product designed by class of business for small to medium-sized operations. A BOP provides a foundation of protection specific to the class of business and bridges gaps in packaged business insurance policies.
What Does a Business Owners Policy (BOP) Cover?
From auto body to veterinary, the businesses that are eligible for BOPs are as diverse as the coverages available. Our agents are accessible to educate clients on the BOP options offered. We take the time to conduct a detailed review of all business operations to tailor an insurance solution fit for your business operations and exposures.
As an agency, we partner with a collection of nationally renowned carriers, such as Nationwide Insurance, Main Street America, The Hartford, Travelers, MetLife, and Providence Mutual. For clients, this translates into direct contact with a local agent, alongside reliable insurance companies.
Our goal is to provide protection against varying risks, such as fire, wind damage, vandalism, and water damage. Our special cause of loss property coverage includes every type of risk scenario you could image with the exception of terrorism, flood, earthquake, and volcanic eruption which can be easily endorsed for additional cost. The BOP even includes business interruption coverage, which reimburses income for your business during restoration or relocation following a loss.
The range of insurance coverage which can be obtained through a BOP includes, but is not limited to:
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Professional Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability Coverage
- Products and Completed Operations Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Liquor Liability
- Computer, Media, Software, and Hardware Coverage
- Employee Dishonesty
- Forgery and Alteration Coverage
- Utilities Services
- Spoilage and Contamination Coverage
- Pollution Insurance
- Property in Transit Coverage
- Inland Marine Insurance/ Mobile Equipment/ Cargo
- Excess Liability or Umbrella Insurance
- Ordinance or Law Coverage
Agents Ensuring All Business Exposures Are Covered
Our staff is experienced and well versed in all aspects of commercial insurance. We take a consultative approach toward developing comprehensive insurance portfolios. The personalized approach we use with each business client continues beyond the policy purchasing process, with agents versed in market changes and new coverage recommendations specific to your industry.
- Information Regarding Business Owners Policies (Insurance Information Institute (III))
- Insurance Guides for Business Owners (National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC))
- Small Business Insurance Details and Materials (The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA))
At the Lawrence Insurance Agency, we’re proud to provide business owners policies (BOP) in Lincoln, Smithfield, Cumberland, Providence, Warwick, and Scituate, RI. We’re licensed to serve clients throughout Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut and several other states.